Thermal Stability Testing
Avoiding thermal hazards with our testing services
Crucial to safe material handling is a thorough understanding of safe processing and storage temperatures to avoid uncontrolled exothermic activity caused by oxidation/combustion or molecular decomposition.
- Expert advice on appropriate test selection
- Competent risk assessment
- High safety standards for people and materials
- Reliable thermal analysis
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
- Differential Thermal Analysis (Carius Tube)
- Adiabatic calorimetry (using the Accelerating Rate Calorimeter (ARC) or ADC II Calorimeter system)
- CLP and UN test methods for classification of self-reactive substances (UN Class 4, Division 4.1) including test methods H.2 (Adiabatic Storage Test) and H.4 (Heat Accumulation Storage Test)
- Bulk Powder (Diffusion Cell) for examining decomposition in Bulk dryers (spray, tray, flash dryers)
- Basket test series used to extrapolate thermal limits for very large-scale storage facilities
- Aerated Cell Test for examining powders in aerated environments such as fluid bed dryers or rotating drum dryers
- Air Over Layer test for dryers where thin layers or deposits are found or to examine the thermal stability of powder layers in ductwork
- We have many years of experience in evaluating thermal instability properties in a wide range of materials.
- We are experts they will provide you with competent, independent advice on the selection of the most suitable test.
- We carry out the right test for your materials to determine maximum safe handling temperatures and detect oxidation processes.