How to maximize the safety of your lighting products?
Safety, Quality and Performance from Light Sources and High-Tech Lighting Systems to Automotive Lighting
About Photometric Testing
With our broad portfolio, at DEKRA we can test every aspect of your product from the very beginning, enabling you to bring your innovations to market with confidence.
Thanks to our large network of DEKRA labs and partners, we can help you obtain the necessary certifications to increase your global footprint.
With their thorough understanding of lighting industry requirements, our experts will help you to save valuable time by avoiding costly, cumbersome rework.
What do we test?
- Consumer products
- Public lighting
- Office lighting
- Utility lighting products
- Architectural lighting
- Automotive lighting
- Countries of the European Union, Russia and Japan require certification according to the UN ECE Regulations, for which DEKRA cooperates with several authorities.
- North America requires compliance with FMVSS108 (USA), CMVSS108 (Canada) and SAE standards for certain states, depending on the function. This can be demonstrated with reports issued by our partner Calcoast-ITL.
- India requires certification according to the AIS Standards based on witness testing by ARAI (or ICAT), which can be done directly in our laboratories.
- Taiwan requires certification by the local authorities, VSCC. The reports issued by DEKRA are automatically recognized, saving you time in obtaining VSCC approval.
- Brazil requires compliance with the portarias issued by INMETRO, for which DEKRA is accredited for testing, auditing and certification.
- China requires certification according to the GB Standards. While testing must take place in Chinese institutes, DEKRA can offer you guidance to ensure a smooth process.