Explosion proof products
Testing of Products Designed for Use in Dangerous or Potentially Explosive Environments
Customers for DEKRA’s explosion protection services are usually manufacturers of any equipment, components or protective systems used in potentially explosive atmospheres.
DEKRA’s explosion safety specialists help customers to minimise all risks associated with such products, components, or protective systems.
About Explosion Protection Services
DEKRA is a recognized European Notified Body for testing, assessments and certification of products designed to work in dangerous atmospheres or in potentially explosive environments, including petrol stations, gas containers or combustion energy transportation and storehouses. Our explosion safety specialists assess and certify according to the ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU, among others. Additionally, we are a founding member of the globally acknowledged IECEx scheme, through which we provide services both as a certification body (ExCB) and as a testing laboratory (ExTL). DEKRA is a UK Approved Body to deliver UKEX certification. This accreditation allows DEKRA to deliver UKCA marking under the UKEX scheme for market entry into Great Britain.
DEKRA offers one-stop certification to our clients, combining actions to prevent duplication of activities. DEKRA’s explosion protection test results are internationally accepted, providing our customers with a firm foundation for operating on a global scale. DEKRA is acknowledged by and collaborates with many national test and approval centers including FM Approvals, USCG and MSHA in the US, NEPSI and CQST in China, NANIO CCVE in Russia, and KTL, KOSHA and KGS in the Republic of Korea.
• Testing and certification of all types of protection according to ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU
• Certification of quality management systems according to Directive 2014/34/EU
• Testing and certification within the IECEx scheme
• Certification of quality management systems according to IECEx scheme
• Testing and certification according to Brazilian technical regulations for INMETRO
• Certification of quality management systems according to Brazilian regulations for INMETRO
• Testing of functional safety of electrical safety devices
• Assessment and testing of electrical safety and explosion safety for North American hazardous classified areas
Explosion proof testing at DEKRA
Since the DEKRA test results are widely accepted internationally, we provide you with a firm foundation for operating on a global scale. We are acknowledged by and collaborate with many national test and approval centers over the whole world. Are you looking to arrange a combined product and systems assessment and certification? Our highly skilled global workforce enables service delivery whenever and wherever necessary.
What kind of products do we test?
- Equipment, components and protective systems used in hazardous areas
- Valves and their operating gears
- Screw conveyors
- Rotary feeders
- Conveyor plants
- Hydraulic systems
- Pneumatic systems
- Lifting devices
- Stirring units
- Measurement equipment