Inspection system for retaining rings (KIRR)
Saving time, effort and money with Non-Destructive Testing
The generator is one of the most crucial parts of a power plant, since it is where the mechanical energy is converted into electric energy. It is therefore essential that the generator is always in optimum condition
Tests that are performed
- Ultrasonic testing includes UT-TOFD for the ring’s inner surface and ring’s volume, scanning for both axial and circumferential flaws. UT-PE (Pulse Echo) is applied for high accuracy in shrink fir zones.
- Eddy current Testing (ET) for the outer surface with high accuracy.
What type of generators and machines can be tested?
- Minimum gap between retaining ring and stator: 8mm
- Technique: UT-TOFD, UT-TRL and ET scanning
- Surface: 360° circle and 1-10mm pitch
- Defect heights of 0,5 mm and upwards are detected
- Typical test duration for two rings in-situ: 24 hours