Safe, successful turnarounds and shutdowns
Safety challenges during shutdowns and turnarounds arise from the fact that personnel are involved in non-routine tasks requiring specialized or unfamiliar equipment and that multiple external contractors are on site who may not be familiar with the organization’s processes and culture. Add to this the pressure to accomplish an extraordinary amount of work under time and budget constraints, and it is no wonder that shutdown activities involve increased risk. If these risks are not addressed, injuries may occur, there may be budget overruns and delays and the organization may undergo increased regulatory scrutiny and suffer reputational damage.
- A holistic turnaround safety overview that generates insights and analyzes trends
- Systematic identification of exposure and potential hazards
- Streamlined Permit-to-Work (PTW) processes and PTW management
- Leaner processes, massive time savings and detailed guidance in daily work
- Enhanced communication and breakdown of information silos for improved efficiency
- IoT connectivity (for detectors and alarm systems, for example)
- Assessment of potential risk areas and activities
- Safety training or coaching needs for staff involved in the turnaround
- Safety walks, monitoring and on-site specialist advice
- Safety related equipment checks during the turnaround / revision period
The DEKRA Safety Platform
- Verify the right activities are being done at the right time to conduct work safel
- Identify unsafe conditions and actions, assign necessary actions, and affirm completion of corrective measures in ways that save time and increase efficiency
- Support response and mitigation activities when incidents occur
- Among other things, the DEKRA Safety Platform provides a clear visual overview of site activities and allows users to:
- Plan, conduct, and digitally submit data for safety activities (e.g., safety walks, assessments and audits, toolbox talks, work permits, etc.)
- Provide detailed guidance and templates for safety activities
- Report activities in real-time, including individual responses, photos, videos, geo-location, etc.
- Report safety hazards, near misses and incidents, including detailed information
- Connect recommended actions with safety hazards/exposures
- Create, track and manage action items
- Coordinate emergency responses
- Streamline the Permit-to-Work process and PTW management for time savings and improved accuracy
- We are seasoned HSE experts in turnaround safety.
- We have extensive experience ensuring safety during site shutdowns and turnarounds.
- We specialize in innovative solutions and customized approaches to safety that save time and support efficient turnarounds.