Non-destructive testing (NDT)
NDT inspections for insights without failures
How do defects occur in a rail, wheel axle or sprocket? Is this on the surface or internal? For optimal asset lifecycle management, it is important to know where and why defects occur. The DEKRA experts think along with you about the right research method. For example, a non-destructive test (NDT). This allows us to investigate damage without breaking open a component. DEKRA offers NDT for materials, components, systems, equipment and assets.
The benefits of NDT
- You can use the results obtained to improve the reliability and availability of components.
- You will save money by not opening up something and will be able to use it again when testing is over.
- You will save money if work processes are not brought to a halt - use of a railway track, for example.
NDT by DEKRA
- ultrasonic measurements (pulse echo, TOFD and Phased Array)
- magnetic measurements
- penetrating measurements
- Eddy Current measurements
- flow measurements
- X-ray measurements
- mechanical non-destructive testing and measurements
Our approach during NDT inspections
The benefits of having NDT done by DEKRA
- expert in asset lifecycle management
- highly-qualified experts: up to and including Level III
- accredited according to NEN/ISO 17020
- recognised as an NDT organisation (ZfP zuständige Stelle) for VPI
- experienced: most experts have been with DEKRA for more than 10 years
- unique inspections and measurements possible
- flexible: if your requirements change, we can change the services we provide to you too
- digital NDT reports: they can be accessed for an unlimited period of time
Schedule a 1:1 session
2. Submit your unique case.
3. Get valuable insights and advice on concrete follow-up steps.