A safety mark for electrical and electronic products in Canada and the United States
Testing & Certification for the North American market
DEKRA Certification Mark for North America
- We accept components previously tested in other accredited laboratories according to the applicable standards.
- We recognize IECEE and IECEx reports.
- We offer flexible testing routes: in DEKRA's laboratories, in your own laboratory or in a third-party laboratory.
- We assign a dedicated expert specialized in providing you with global support in all the fields you need.
- We offer combined testing according to NACS and the IECEE CB-Scheme or IECEx by one scenario to shorten the timeline of the certification process.
- We have direct contact with regulators (OSHA and SCC), but also with state and provincial authorities of North America.
- We are represented in Canadian and US Authority Meetings: the American Council for Electrical Safety (ACES) and the Canadian Advisory Council on Electrical Safety (CACES).
- We possess a global network with experts available to support local service when you need it.
DEKRA has provided more than 3,000 product certifications supporting global access to the North American Market.
We offer an efficient certification route for tri-national standards and simplified component acceptance when previous reports following IECEE and IECEx standards are provided.
We keep direct contact with state and local authorities and we are represented in Canadian and US Authority Meetings.
A single expert will support you through the global certification route, maximizing convenience and efficiency in the entire process.
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), in the United States, who recognized DEKRA as a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL).
- The Standard Council of Canada (SCC), in Canada, who accredited DEKRA to be a Certification Body for the Canadian market.