Testing en certification of UAVs
Unmanned Aircraft Vehicles (UAVs), better known as drones, can no longer be ignored in society. The drone market has grown exponentially in recent years. With the growing presence of drones, concerns about their general safety, privacy and security are also growing. Manufacturers who market drones must therefore comply with various legal requirements. DEKRA has everything it takes to guide you in the testing and certification of drones.
All drone testing under one roof
- Cost reduction
By ensuring compliance early in your research and development process, you avoid costly redesigns and even more costly recalls. DEKRA offers you the advice you need for a 'first time right' approach. In addition, we offer a complete testing process. As a result, you do not have to go to different authorities and you may avoid unnecessarily high costs and long test processes.
- Easy access to international markets
Testing UAS based on harmonized standards simplifies access to international markets. Do you want to market your drones outside Europe? DEKRA offers you Global Market Access services.
- Possibility to combine with cybersecurity testing
Test your drones at DEKRA against cybersecurity standards as well. This way your drones also comply with the future RED Delegated Act: a European directive for all devices with a radio connection. DEKRA offers all tests in the field of cybersecurity, so that your product is resistant to cyberattacks.
Our drone test
- general characteristics (e.g. MTOM, size, mechanical design) – EN 4709
- electrical safety
- electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- radio frequency (RF)
- functional safety
- chemical safety
Type testing for fast market access
- General Product Safety (2001/95/EC)
- Radio Equipment Directive (2014/53/EU)
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (2014/30/EU)
- Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC)
- Toys Directive (2009/48/EU)
- Noise Directive (2002/49/EC)
- RoHS Directive (2011/65/EU)